Our last Education Review office report was completed in March 2018.
The evaluation found that since the last ERO review in 2015, centre leadership and the staffing team has remained constant. There is a commitment for all staff to be fully qualified and registered teachers. Whānau involvement has increased through the use of online portfolios, creating stronger ties with the child’s wider family. Strategic planning has improved to include priorities and a clear direction for centre development.
The key review findings included:
- Children experience an effective and inclusive learning environment.
- The curriculum is responsive to all age groups, cultures and abilities.
- Literacy and numeracy is effectively promoted through a child-led learning approach.
- Karakia and waiata are used to support tikanga Māori.
- Leadership promotes positive and reciprocal relationships through effective communication.
- Effective learning outcomes for children are promoted through the centre’s philosophy, vision, systems and processes.
You can read the report in more detail here.